After its three-year refurbishment, the Kongresshaus and Tonhalle event complex is scheduled to re-open in late summer 2020. The total renovation planned will also extend to specific conversion work to make the complex more accessible, simplify its spatial arrangements and make its rooms more flexible in their use. The Panoramasaal, a later addition not subject to the rest of the complex’s listed status, will be removed, and a new Gartensaal will be provided on the General-Guisan-Quai front with a panoramic restaurant at the terrace level. These developments will reunite the Kongresssaal and the Konzertfoyer with their previous lake views, and enable full use to be made once again of the complex’s magnificent location with its lake and alpine views.
The highlights of the new facilities concept:
- Entrance area: fully open again (between Claridenstrasse and Beethovenstrasse), with a large single area and a new bar, ideal for cocktails and receptions.
- New Gartensaal on the lake side: dividable, and with a spacious vestibule.
- Existing Gartensaal to be reused as a foyer with a new adjacent Konferenzsaal.
- New Kongress area offering flexible uses and space combinations: rooms and foyer as a single space (banqueting hall for up to 800 guests) or individually used.
- Additional Gartensaal flexibility will permit multiple large events to be held simultaneously; and with live transmission, the complex will be able to accommodate congresses of up to 2,500 participants.
- Smaller seminar rooms adjacent to the Gartensaal on the present Brasserie level.
- New panoramic restaurant linked directly to the Konzertfoyer with a spacious terrace, bar and lounge area – a key attraction for event attendees, concertgoers, tourists and locals alike.
We will be pleased to take your advance reservation now. For further information please contact our Sales and Advisory Team.
Facilities and floor plans